Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's Always Sunny






This morning I woke up and it was brilliantly sunny and gorgeous outside. It's Sunday of course. I don't know if i can properly verbalize this, but do you ever associate specific weather conditions with memories? For example, if the sky is really blue and the clouds are a certain way I think of a time when I was little and my dad took me to the park. And if is it cloudy and gray and a bit gloomy during the fall I think of my first day of third grade. Today I realized that brilliantly gorgeous summer Sundays now remind me of when Dr. Tiller was murdered.

And I re-remember that he isn't here to help anymore. And then I get more sad.

I miss Dr. Tiller. :(

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I totally know what you mean about weather and memories. As it happens, finding out about Dr. Tiller's murder was almost the first thing that happened to me that morning, so I ended up staying inside most of the day. Thus it's not the weather but rather sleeping in on a Sunday morning that vaguely reminds me of terrible news. But I've heard a couple other people identify that specific connection you mention, of beautiful days and losing Dr. Tiller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so beautiful that day that I woke thinking for the very first time in a very long time that I was happy. I took a very long walk and bawled throughout because the day was precious and the loss was detrimental.

    I cry a lot about Dr. TIller.

    September 11 was also pristine. I still wonder how it would have been different if it had rained.

    ReplyDelete

This is not a debate forum -- there are hundreds of other sites for that. This is a safe space for abortion care providers and one that respects the full spectrum of reproductive choices; comments that are not in that spirit will either wind up in the spam filter or languish in the moderation queue.