Sunday, November 8, 2009

Matters of the heart.

I love abortion. ( I said it out loud in class) and had no idea I would get such a response. Even people who I thought were as "liberal" and "pro-choice" as me seemed to be rubbed the wrong way by my positive statement. Later at a wine bar, a girl in my "sex" class asked me, "What exactly did you mean when you said I love abortion?" Hmm....

What do I mean when I say I love abortion? To me, there is absolutely nothing wrong or surprising with the supposed "controversial" statement. I love women, therefore I love abortion. Abortion is a part of women's lives.




4 comments:

  1. i love it too and i definitely don't think there is anything 'wrong' about it. thank you for saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love abortion.
    I love abortion because as a service, it provides women with the ability to self-determine the course of their lives (precisely the reason the anti-choicers hate abortion).
    I love abortion because it is safe, normal and an excellent option for people at crossroads in their lives.
    I love abortion because of all of the people I know who are happy and healthy because abortion was available to them when they needed it.
    I love abortion because I work with an abortion fund and hear the fear and anguish in women's voices when faced with a problem pregnancy or are in need of a medically necessary abortion. I love abortion because it is one more tool in women's arsenals to take care of ourselves and our families.

    andy

    abortion is not a dirty word

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love abortion too. I've seen it save the sanity of so many women who were victims of unspeakabale violence or plain bad circumstances and give them a deciding vote in their life.

    ReplyDelete

This is not a debate forum -- there are hundreds of other sites for that. This is a safe space for abortion care providers and one that respects the full spectrum of reproductive choices; comments that are not in that spirit will either wind up in the spam filter or languish in the moderation queue.