Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Art and Abortion

I love the arts and I love abortion work. As I was trying to find some obviously pro-choice artists and artwork, I came across the following. If you're an art lover - and an abortioneer - hopefully you'll appreciate these!

Pro-Choice Resources in Minnesota had a silent art auction in 2008. Some of the pieces were quite wonderful, as you can see...



Eye Candy, I know! I also came across a very interesting Irish installation artist, Cathy Wilkes. In 2008, she had a piece called "We Are Pro-Choice."


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. If it's not too gauche to promote my own work, I've also done a couple of pro-choice pieces:

    NOT YOURS

    and

    My Body Isn't Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was also this, I don't know that she declared her self "pro-choice" as part of the message of the piece, but it definitely created conversation around abortion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_student_abortion_art_controversy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen "4000 Years for Choice"? Great art and very informative at the samee time:

    http://4000yearsforchoice.com/

    ReplyDelete

This is not a debate forum -- there are hundreds of other sites for that. This is a safe space for abortion care providers and one that respects the full spectrum of reproductive choices; comments that are not in that spirit will either wind up in the spam filter or languish in the moderation queue.