Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just Because

The abortion blog gods are smiling upon me!

As soon as I sat down to write this post, I checked my email to review some of the topics that arose recently among The Abortioneers, when I received a strange message from a mysterious sender. I considered not opening it, since I'm on a work computer and didn't want to infect it more than I already have in the last two years. But then I was like "I wanna live like I'm dying!" and decided to take a risk.


And I discovered Because Magazine, the magazine of Ipas. Read it! Lots of good material, especially the cover story about the realities of abortion and how most TV programming sucks at portraying abortion in a fair and honest light. In the same spirit as the "No Easy Decision" program that MTV launched a few months ago, the article presents the true abortion stories of three women, including those who made the decision themselves or with input from others (for better or for worse). I also love it when women come out with their stories, proclaiming proudly that they do not regret their abortions and that it was the best decision they could h
ave made. Really shoves an ice pick into the anti's throat.

Aside from that, there are lots of gems in here, including what men can do to support choice (a theme I'm noticing more and more these days regarding women's rights), a great summary of abortion laws in the U.S. by state, and a tidbit about which states offer pro-choice license plates (you might be surprised!). I also enjoy the name; speaks to the myriad reasons why a woman would choose abortion, or why a person might be pro-choice, but also to the fact that you don't really need a reason at all to exercise your rights, do you?

So there's my plug. I think all our lovely readers should subscribe and keep on top of the latest. You can receive a cool green e-copy - yay environment!

Sign up here!

Regularly-scheduled abortiony material to resume next time. Until then, happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is not a debate forum -- there are hundreds of other sites for that. This is a safe space for abortion care providers and one that respects the full spectrum of reproductive choices; comments that are not in that spirit will either wind up in the spam filter or languish in the moderation queue.